“Shall we get going too?”
Oh shucks! Is it inconvenient to love black culture right now? Where did all y’all go? I swore all of you said you believe we are all equal and gotta stop seeing race cause we all bleed red. Please! Come on and join us! Standing up for justice is way more “hardcore” than listening to Jay Z uncensored if you protest until the sun sets. It will be really “edgy” and “hip” to hit the “ghettoest” parts of Ferguson right now! Who’s down? You should braid your hair up and slick your fully-adult baby hairs for some of the peaceful protests, and rallies.. it’ll be so cool, my “nig”! Come on! Let’s be black now!
“Even more alarming is that, when Latino actors are cast, they are by far more likely than any other group to be sexualized, either by revealing clothing or by being defined in the screenplay as attractive. Indeed, 36% of Hispanic actors are displayed in some sort of sexualized attire, the highest of any group looked at in the study. Hollywood seems to think America is not interested in stories about Latinos, unless they are taking their clothes off.”
Let’s talk about this. Let’s talk about how most of those roles are to be hypersexualized maids, spicy armcandy love interests, and exotic criminals. Let’s talk about how many of these roles use stereotypes to make these characters as the butt of the joke. Let’s talk about though how most of those roles go to light skinned and white Latinas. Let’s talk about how shitty the representation that Latinxs do have is pretty much restricted to bullshit and biopics. (via wocinsolidarity)
I can’t be the only one who thought it would be completely natural for Makoto to give Haru a kiss on the cheek here.
he looks so disappointed ahhaha
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 2x09 - “Cased Up” (November 11, 1991)
Pretty fucking relevant.
So happy to finally show you all what I’ve been working for the past 8 weeks! Here’s my re-imagining of the classic story, Peter Pan!
This is a project I did for my Color and Story class at Art Center with Richard Keyes. The class was assigned to create 4 characters and key scenes based on the story of Peter Pan. If you’ve followed me before my Art Center days, then you’ll know that Peter Pan was something I did for my entrance portfolio for college. It was fun to come back to my old project and revamp it!
In all honesty, I’m still planning on reworking several pieces for this project and add more characters and key scenes. BUT I thought I’d share regardless that way we can all see the progression of this particular project!
- Tigerlily (not added)
- The Lost Boys (not added)
Key Scenes :
- Wendy gives Peter a “thimble”
- Peter realizes Wendy is alive, Tinkerbell looks upon them with guilt
- Wendy decides she wants to return home
- Peter returns Wendy home and gives her a “kiss”
~ PLEASE DO NOT REPOST WITHOUT SOURCING ME ~
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
And another thing!
- ADHD is usually perceived as a lack of focus… however, individuals with ADHD have a tendency to "hyperfocus" on activities that their brains find stimulating
- Sometimes this hyperfocusing behavior lasts for extended periods of time, and so the person may require some kind of system to help them "snap out of it" if it’s causing them to spend too much time on any one activity, or if they are neglecting other tasks
- Hyperfocus can be used to one’s advantage-with the right tools
And so…Wifeys support wifeys ❤️